(NOTE: This page is being updated.)
TSALI FROSTY FOOT
50K, 30K, & 8K
January 23, 2021
(Make-up date) January 30, 2021
We are stoked to announce that Will Jorgensen and his team at Life Wide Open have taken over the reins for the 2021 Tsali Frosty Foot Fest. A huge thanks to Aaron Saft and his staff for all the hard work they have done to make this event the great experience it has been for so many years. Also to the Forkners for starting this legacy in 2009. This page will be updated with the 2021 event info shortly. We can’t wait to see you all there. Stay tuned!
The Tsali Trail Races started in 2009 and has quickly become very popular, always selling out before the registration closing date. It has something for everyone. Even if you’ve never raced on trails before, Tsali is a great place to make it your first! With gently rolling hills, well-groomed trails, and picturesque views of Lake Fontana, Tsali is a great event to start off your new year. Join us!
50K ELEVATION PROFILE
Please Visit Trail Run Project at the link below for Course Map
50K RULES & GUIDELINES (Subject to Change)
1. Pacers are NOT allowed as we are trying to keep user numbers as low as possible for the sake of everyone else who may be using the trails that day.
2. Spectators and/or Crew Members, please stay off the course. Being on single-track trail means there is not much room for extra people.
3. ALL racers must check-in on race day (At parking Lot Below Left/Right Loop Parking Area) so we know you are starting. Your name will be called at the race start if you have not checked in. Please be sure to let us know you are there!
4. Drop bags/Items are limited to Aid Station 2. Drop bags can be put in the truck at check-in prior to the start and will be driven to Aid Station 2. Please DO NOT put food/drink out on the course as the area is home to wildlife to which you may be feeding.
5. Anyone dropping out must notify a race official/medical personnel/aid station captain – PLEASE do not leave without notifying someone!
6. Please DO NOT litter the course. Drop off your trash at the nearest Aid Station.
. Race Number should be worn on the front and visible at all times. Please check in/out at Aid Stations 1, 2, & 4 (manned Aid Stations) notifying them of your race number. Please DO NOT tear off the tags at the bottom of the bib.
8. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STAY ON THE COURSE! Do not cut the course or attempt to avoid switchbacks! Anyone caught/reported doing so will be disqualified. IF YOU GET OFF COURSE, PLEASE RETURN TO THE POINT WHERE YOU WENT OFF AND CONTINUE. IF YOU DO NOT RUN THE INTENDED ROUTE, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!!!
9. If you see a runner in need, do what you can to help. If the help needed is beyond your capabilities, please report the situation to a race official/medical personnel/aid station captain.
10. BE PREPARED! – Have emergency clothing in case of inclement weather.
11. Course will be marked with arrows at each turn and 3 orange survey flags will follow each turn and be placed approximately each ¼ mile.
12. PLEASE NO DOGS in the race for safety of other runners and users!
30K COURSE & ELEVATION PROFILE
RUNNERS WILL TURN UP TO THE HORSE PARKING LOT AND TAKE A LEFT INTO LEFT LOOP. THEY WILL FOLLOW LEFT LOOP INTO RIGHT LOOP WHICH WILL TAKE THEM ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE FINISH IN THE UPPER PARKING LOT.
COURSE MAP CAN BE FOUND AT:
FROM THE START, RUNNERS WILL TURN UP TO THE HORSE PARKING AREA AND CONTINUE UP COUNTY LINE ROAD. THEY WILL MAKE A RIGHT ON RIGHT ALTERNATE LOOP AND CONTINUE DOWN TO THE ‘T’ WHERE THERE IS AN UNMANNED AID STATION (1 MILE INTO THE RACE – MORE FOR 30K & 50K OBVIOUSLY) AT WHICH POINT, THEY WILL MAKE A RIGHT AND CONTINUE ON RIGHT LOOP BACK TO THE FINISH. THERE ARE THREE GOOD HILLS ON THE COURSE, BUT OVERALL A VERY RUNNABLE COURSE!
COURSE MAP CAN BE FOUND AT:
AID STATION 1 – INTERSECTION THOMPSON/MOUSE (@ 7.5 MILES)
AID STATION 2 – HORSE PARKING LOT FOR RIGHT/LEFT LOOPS (@ 16 MILES) – DROP BAGS
AID STATION 3 – MIDWAY THROUGH LEFT LOOP (BETWEEN MILES 21) – NOT STAFFED – WATER ONLY!
AID STATION 4 – INTERSECTION LEFT/OVERLOOK/RIGHT LOOPS (@ 25 MILES)
AID STATION 5 – INTERSECTION RIGHT ALTERNATE/RIGHT LOOP (@ 28.5 MILES) – NOT STAFFED – WATER ONLY!
AID STATION 1 – MIDWAY THROUGH LEFT LOOP (BETWEEN MILES 5.5) – NOT STAFFED – WATER ONLY!
AID STATION 2 – INTERSECTION LEFT/OVERLOOK/RIGHT LOOPS (@ 9.5 MILES)
AID STATION 3 – INTERSECTION RIGHT ALTERNATE/RIGHT LOOP (@ 14.5 MILES) – NOT STAFFED – WATER ONLY!
MEDICAL/EMERGENCY RESPONSE/FIRST AID
EACH AID STATION WILL BE STOCKED WITH BASIC FIRST AID SUPPLIES
A SWEEPER WILL BE FOLLOWING EACH RACE.
RESCUE SQUAD WILL BE ONSITE TO ASSIST IN MEDICAL EMERGENCIES AND EVACUATIONS.
IF YOU ARE HURT BETWEEN AID STATIONS AND CANNOT GO FURTHER, PLEASE TELL ANOTHER RUNNER YOUR BIB NUMBER AND HAVE THEM TELL THE NEXT AID STATION OR TELL THE SWEEPER WHO WILL BE WEARING A BRIGHT ORANGE VOLUNTEER VEST. THE RESCUE SQUAD WILL BE NOTIFIED AND SENT IN TO ESCORT YOU OUT.
IF YOU ARE HURT AND CAN MAKE IT TO AN AID STATION (THE NEAREST ONE WHICH MAY BE BACK THE WAY YOU JUST RAN), THEY WILL COMMUNICATE TO THE FINISH LINE TO SEND IN THE RESCUE SQUAD TO ASSIST YOU.
IF YOU ARE HURT AND DECIDE TO CONTINUE THE RACE AGAINST THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE AID STATION CAPTAIN OR RESCUE SQUAD, YOU MUST FILL OUT THE DECLINE MEDICAL ASSISTANCE FORM LOCATED AT EACH AID STATION.