Race day is only 30 days away! Woo-hoo! We have some updates and information to share with you as you are training and preparing for the 2020 Pistol party. This is a lengthy email, so grab your favorite beverage and a comfy seat. But… it contains a lot of useful information, so please read it thoroughly! 🙂
First, have any questions about the event? You’re in luck! Virtually everything is covered in one, streamlined location for your convenience! Check it out! pistolultra.com/runners-manuals
- BE SURE you have already let us know how many official Pistol Ultra finishes you have had, and whether you are gunning for the Arsenal Collection! You can update that information right now by logging into your UltraSignup account. In the drop down menu under Account Info, select Registration History, then click on Pistol and select Edit.
- Did you order one (or several!) of the Uber cool Pistol hoodie yet? If not, you’re in luck. You’ve got until this Saturday, Feb 22, to get your order in for either the classic charcoal gray or heathered royal blue option. Here’s the link: http://ultrasignup.com/shopping.aspx?dtid=37129
- Make sure you’ve got all your peeps signed up. Do it now! Some distances are already sold out and the rest will sell out shortly. Here’s the registration link: http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=67294
- Make sure you get your hotel room(s) booked. We have five amazing host hotels graciously offering deals for our Pistol family, and they are filling up quickly! Please book via these links, since some of our sponsors base their support heavily on these verifiable stats. pistolultra.com/lodging
- Familiarize yourself with the race information!
- If you have a question and have thoroughly searched the website/manuals, but don’t find an answer, we ask that you DO use the website contact form to reach out. DON’T use Facebook, Messenger, or text/phone calls if you want a response.
- Please, PLEASE encourage anyone you can to come help volunteer. It takes over 200 volunteers to successfully put on this event so you all can get your run on. Volunteers score some cool swag too! We’re also getting ready to implement a volunteer credit program so you can score a discount on the next Pistol or the Ozone Endurance Challenge we also host May 27-31. So…grab your fave spot(s) now before they’re gone! pistolultra.com/volunteers
- Make sure you’re following the main FB page. Cool contests and such happen over there! www.facebook.com/PistolUltra
- Be sure to hook up with the rest of your Pistol fam chatter in the FB group. www.facebook.com/groups/685001561573974
- Make sure to collect and bring your gently used but unneeded running gear for the Gear Swap table during the Friday expo. Also, drop by and check it out. You may score something you need at a price you can’t beat!
- If you have a birthday between March 18 and March 24, we will have a birthday present just for you! During check-in, bring your bib to the Changes/Solutions table to claim it.
- We want to make a custom banner just for your running club that we can display to recognize your club at the Pistol Start line! If you are part of a running club that has 10 or more members coming to the Pistol this year, have one of your authorized representatives reach out to us via the website contact form by February 25. We want to see your club banner there!
- If Murphy screws up your plans and you are not able to complete your official distance, please be sure to still come through the finishers award area. We have free hugs, chocolate milk, water, a really cool Pistol hat, photos, and a special bumper sticker just for you. Yes! ALL runners will receive a Pistol hat after finishing, regardless of whether they completed their official distance or not. So be sure to come through the finishers awards area to get yours! Plus there’s lots of great finisher’s food. And it’s all free!
- DON’T bring alcohol or firearms to this event. State law prohibits this since we are hosted on school property.
- Both the City of Alcoa and the City of Maryville prohibit alcohol on the Greenway Trail. This means alcohol is not permitted anywhere along the entire course, including at all the aid stations. Any violation of this could prohibit us from ever holding the event again. Please don’t even think of doing it!
- Don’t email us asking how to change your registration. Please do that via your UltraSignup account. (See directions above.)
- Don’t transfer your bib to anyone under any circumstance. This directly violates the terms you agreed to when you registered, severely jeopardizes our insurance, prevents us from having accurate emergency contact info, and can cause a host of other problems. Doing this will potentially disqualify you and whomever you transfer it to from all of our future events.
- Goodie Time! As part of your awesome swag, Orange Mud will be providing each runner with a multifunction headwear and discount code. As you know, OM makes some of the coolest trail running gear out there! Their Endurance Pack and Gear Vest hydration packs are perfect for this race! Be sure to check them out online at https://www.orangemud.com . Use code TPUR15 to score 15% off!
- There will be some new, cool stuff available at the Pistol Corral Store! Also some super cheap close-out deals. Check it all out during the Friday check-in/expo. The store is also open Saturday from 6:30-7:30 AM and 1:00-6:00 PM, and Sunday 10:00 AM-3:00 PM. Cash and credit cards accepted.
- Be sure to get your pic under your state or country flag as it proudly flies on the Avenue of Flags at the start line.
- We expect to have live tracking available, and will post the link on the website a couple of days prior to race day.
- Every year, we have a few runners who participate on behalf of a disabled child, through programs like I Run 4. We would LOVE to support you in supporting your child. If you are involved in one of these programs, please let us know by February 29 so we can help you provide a free finisher’s medal (possibly different distance/year) to your sponsored child – just email us with a copy of your official sponsorship by March 1st so we can be prepared. A picture of your sponsored child would be great too!
- Later this year, come join us again at the Ozone Endurance Challenge May 27-May 31 at beautiful Camp Ozone near Rockwood, TN. It’s a 6-96 hour timed event, so there’s something for everyone. You’ll have an uber cool time with the Zoner family! http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=58401
- We will send out at least one more email prior to the event, so stay tuned!
We can’t wait to see each and every one of you at the Pistol party in March!
Will and the Pistol Creek Run team